Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Danke, Merci, Grazie, Where are we?


Poor Thanksgiving.

In the midst of the holiday season, we always seem to forget it. I mean, one moment people are scaring the daylights out of one another, and the next they're singing Christmas carols. Poor, lonely little forgotten Thanksgiving. And really, it's the most important holiday, right?

Sometimes circumstances aren't very agreeable, and we always take note of it. But when days are all lovely sunshine, we take no notice whatsoever. I find myself doing that all too often. I have my problems. Holy smokes, so many problems. But sometimes you must look at all the good things in life, and laugh in the face of fate. Embrace who you are, and the potential you have, and scream "I am alive!" Because you are. You are a living, breathing representation of everything the world has to offer that is good and bright and lovely. That's why Thanksgiving is so important. Because it is not just about eating and talking and family reunions with that one cousin or uncle or whatever that just weirds everyone out. It's about taking a moment to think for once about everything in your life that hasn't gone wrong, and appreciate it properly. I'm noticing a reoccurring pattern in my blog : Lists.
I will work on that. So here is a list of all that I am thankful for.

I'm thankful for Starbucks. Yeah, yeah. We all have our priorities. For Peppermint Mocha. Ooooohhh man.

For dumb photography. Recently I enlisted my sister's help in taking a series of photos showcasing tiny wildflowers and converse. I haven't figured out how to get those from our phone to here yet... But I can assure you, they are splendid. The flowers kept flying away and we started getting rained on, and still we got those photos. I'm the kind of person that loves hipster photography. Crappy, abstract photographs with a vintage filter and random meaningless phrases. Lots of nature shots and converse and Polaroids. I love this stuff. Ahh, Tumblr.

For my before mentioned sister. She's loyal and honest to a fault. She's annoyingly caring, and if you're sad she will not leave you alone until you smile.

For my parents. My dad, who puts up with so much army crap but still manages to come home and play dorky 80's music and makes sure we travel as much as humanly possible.
My mom, who puts up with the entire family's problems along with her own, cooks for a working soldier, a dieting (horribly) vegetarian, and a gluten allergy carbohydrate addict, all while running her own business. 

For my grandparents. Poppy is crazy in the best kind of way, and is somehow a small child as well as a very wise old man.
Grandma holds the secrets of the universe in her head. Secrets that allow her to be calm in every situation and also the most kind, caring person you'll ever meet. She'd put flutter shy to shame. She also holds the universe's secrets to baking. Jimminy Cricket, I am not joking.

For all the cousins, aunts, uncles and dogs on my dad's side of the family. These psychos are the best bunch of people (and canines)  that I've ever met, and I'll be darned if anyone says otherwise.
And my uncle on my mom's side. Family is and will always be the most important thing, and I love my family, even if we don't get to talk much.

I'm thankful for the music that has helped me through the darkest point of my life. (So far, and I hope ever) And what it's taught me about life. Some day I will be the one on stage :)

I'm thankful for books, and all that they've taught me. That you can never freaking trust anyone.  I've learned a lot more from fiction than reality it seems. I never really had close friends, so as weird as it seems, fictional characters have been my best friends for as long as I can remember. I saw a lot of blurred lines between fiction and reality, which has made reading and just fandoms in general an epic experience for me. I'm very close to my fictional friends.

I'm also thankful for my real friends. I have three, and I'm very proud of them. They live in my neighborhood. I have three more acquaintances that go to the same small group as me. One likes all my favorite bands, so I hope we become friends.

I'm thankful that I'm starting to feel better. I'm happy, peaceful.

I'm thankful for the offhand chance that a total stranger will read this. If you did, and want to hear more strangeness, please leave a comment or follow me or whatever you do with a blog. Haha I have no skills.

Mostly I'm thankful to be alive! Life is great right now! Now I just have to go without meat on turkey day... well then. I suppose the turkey ins't feeling very thankful right now, is he?

Welcome to my world.

Almost forgot! I only have a chorus, but here:

Parody : I kissed a squirrel (And I got bit)

I kissed a squirrel, didn't like it.
The taste of it's fur and buckteeth.
I kissed a squirrel, just to try it,
Now I've got rabies 'cause it bit me.
I was so drunk, should have called it a night,
The whole E.R. said that I wasn't that bright.
I kissed a squirrel and I got bit.
I got bit.

No explanation for this one, guys... Just, no.



No comments:

Post a Comment